November 13, 2005

Transom

"Transom.org is an experiment in channeling new work and voices to public radio through the Internet, for discussing that work, and encouraging more." The site is open submission, and encourages amatuer reporters to submit work.

There are some really amazing pieces on the site. The very first piece I checked out "Craziest" introduced me to a whole new medium I never even knew existed: Vidlit.

Also check out Sweet Phil From Sugar Hill, which is one of the best radio essays I have ever heard.

The thing I like best about Transom are the articulate discussions. They make something I am only partially interested seem far more fascinating.

The site hosts Ira Glass's Manifesto, which when combined with the piles of questions and comments from readers, makes for a highly detailed analysis of both the business and style of public radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.