December 20, 2004

Video Of Bruce Sterling's Speech

Bruce Sterling's speech.

THE 6 SIDED BOX WHICH HOLDS THE FUTURE
1. Interactive chips (label objects with indentity)
2. Local and Global positioning systems
3. Powerful seach engines
4. 3d virtual objects
5. Rapid protype production of objects
6. Design for self recycling objects, zero emissions, new death of objects

"...My suspecion, my theory, is that we are about to give identity to almost everything we make...I call these objects 'Spimes'..." - Bruce Sterling

I am mesmerized by this statement. I agree wholeheartly with everything Bruce says. My questions and ideas are around how we will use spimes beyond the simple evironmental and human responsive solutions, and how we are going to use them to define ourselves. Building spimes to form communities around them.

Freakin out in MD,
JAKE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.